|Formed on the basis of the bilateral South Africa-Italy Summit, the “Southern Africa Europe CEO Dialogue 2019” offers an exclusive platform of content and networking, capable of promoting the long-term growth of strategic economic relations between Europe and Southern Africa. In addition to Italy and South Africa, the 2019 CEO Dialogue involves other member states of the EU and the Southern African Development Community (SADC)
Now in its sixth year, the platform created by The European House-Ambrosetti in 2014 allows top-level business and institutional leaders from both continents to share ideas, build new and strong partnerships, and learn about the enormous economic and political opportunities that exist within Euro-African relations today, with special focus on SADC. The Summit aims at providing concrete approaches that have a direct impact for business, regarding the EU’s growing attention and commitment towards Sub-Saharan Africa.
Thanks to a Think Tank of international experts and influential advisors, the Summit will address pivotal issues for Europe and Southern Africa, taking into consideration the geopolitical, economic, and social trends that will influence the future of both continents.
The Summit is designed to provide a high-level and unique opportunity to promote networking and debate. Moreover, it is a perfect occasion to share the work and the activities of the Leaders Community formed around the Summit, which is ready to welcome new members from among prominent individuals on the Euro-African institutional and business scene.
|“The South Africa Italy Summit has become the main event for the Italian and South African entrepreneurial leadership to strengthen bilateral economic relations. Building upon this bilateral framework, the Summit has evolved into a pan-European and pan-African platform to create strategic business partnerships at the highest level” (source: CNBC Africa)
CEO DIALOGUE 2019 Advisory Board
- Paolo Borzatta, Senior Partner, The European House – Ambrosetti
- Alec Erwin, Chairman, UBU Investment Holdings
- Phuti Mahanyele, CEO, Sigma Capital
- Antonio Matos, Chairperson, Maputo Corridor Logistics Initiative
- Maurizio Mariano, Founder and Director, BBM Law Firm
- Ignazio Moncada, Chairman, IDA Capital
- AB Moosa, CEO, Avalon Group
- Tseke Nkadimeng, Executive Chairman, Bouvest
- Luigi Pio Scordamaglia, CEO, Inalca; President, Filiera Italia
Ambassadors and Ministers:
- H.E. Marcus Cornaro, EU Ambassador to South Africa
- H.E. Paolo Cuculi, appointed Ambassador of Italy to South Africa
- H.E. Christophe Farnaud, Ambassador of France to South Africa
- H.E. Carlos Fernandez Arias, Ambassador of Spain to South Africa
- Hon. Peya Mushelenga, Minister of Urban and Rural Development of Namibia
- H.E. Martin Schäfer, Ambassador of Germany to South Africa
- H.E. Shirish Soni, Ambassador of South Africa to Italy