During the Digital Event, the results of the “Headway: A new roadmap for Brain Health – Focus Epilepsy” will be presented, which was conceived and launched at the beginning of 2022 by the Think Tank The European House – Ambrosetti in partnership with Angelini Pharma with the aim of creating an expert panel for strategic reflection, analysis, dialogue and comparison between various European experiences in the management of individuals with epilepsy.
In the different sessions, we will also talk, among others, about the adoption of the Intersectoral Global Action Plan on Epilepsy and other Neurological disorders by the WHO, the importance of European collaboration in Epilepsy care and research and the challenges encountered by individuals with epilepsy in workplaces, schools and society in general and possible areas of improvement.
Confirmed speaker include:
- Helen Cross – President, International League Against Epilepsy (ILAE)
- Orla Galvin – Executive Director, European Federation of Neurological Associations (EFNA)
- Reetta Kälviäinen – Full Professor and Chair of Neurology, University of Eastern Finland; Director of the Kuopio Epilepsy Center, Kuopio University Hospital
- Kristina Malmgren – Professor in Neurology and Director, Sahlgrenska University Hospital Epilepsy Center
- Thomas Porschen – Vice Chair, European Executive Committee, IBE; Landesverband für Epilepsie Selbsthilfe Nordrhein-Westfalen E.V.
- Torie Robinson – CEO and Editor, Epilepsy Sparks
- Philippe Ryvlin – Full Professor of Neurology, UNIL; Head of the Department of Clinical Neurosciences, CHUV, Lausanne
- Francesca Sofia – President, International Bureau of Epilepsy (IBE)
For registration, please click here.